Friday, 1 June 2007

Flashback

So much happened over the past two weeks. They hit me one after another and I didn't had the time to type them out into words. Each of the series of events pained me a lot and each day I would try to sleep it away, so that I'll forget them the very next day. My apologies to friends whom I've missed out on good night sms-es lately.

Just now I walked past a shop selling CDs. It was playing some music infused with Buddhist chants on the hi-fi. I am not a very religious person but I stopped a moment to listen anyway. Almost instantly, everything that happened over the past few months flashed through my mind. It got me very emotional and I tried to hold back my tears.

Then the flashback stopped. A glimpse of the future crossed my mind. I found it very familiar and comforting. At that moment, everything else doesn't seem to matter anymore. The very thought lifted me from my dilemma and I finally made up my mind.

The music ended. I put my thumbs in my pocket and continued journey home. My feet felt lighter.

No comments: