Sunday, 13 May 2007

Last Few Happy Tots

6 hours ago, JR, JD and I attended a concert at the Singapore Repertory Theatre. A huge traffic jam along CTE which should have been anticipated landed us half an hour late for the 7pm show. Even though JD was sick, he made an effort to join me for the evening. The least I did was bring an extra pack of tissue just in case. Overall, the performance was entertaining for it's music value, but presentation and creativity needed large improvements.

Then we headed off to the field beside Riverside Point where people were flying stringless kites controlled by remote. These kites were fitted with a propellor in front and had LEDS all around. Have a bunch of them flying above the field, you get a spectacular night view that's photo worthy (I really need to remind myself to bring a camera next time but luckily JD brought one). I made a quick enquire with one of the owners and found that such kites cost S$650 each. What an expensive hobby.

We left the pit-off and continued to Maxell for dinner. JD ordered (the expected food flare):
1) Pickled Vegetable Soup
2) Pork Congee
3) Egg Toufu
4) Xiao Long Bao
5) Pork-filled Chee Chong Fan
6) Fried Dumplings
7) Pork Ribs

plus JR and my order:
8) Minced Pork Noodle
9) Fried Oysters
10)Sugar Cane Juice

There was almost no more space left on the table (once again a reminder that I forgot my camera). Though my friend was there, JD still very casually took food for me. It was awkward for me but sweet. I knew he was very thirsty and so offered him half of my drink too. I wonder if my friend suspects anything haha... All three of us then had our fills and headed home shortly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.