It started to rain very heavily all of a sudden 10 minutes ago. It made me put down my revision notes and stare out of the window. The way the raindrops broke the silence of the cool night somehow tuned my mind in reverse and got me walking down memory lane.
I realised it's been a while since I delve into the past. The time when life was much simplier, the time when simple pleasures made you happy and the time when everyone was happy. It's different now naturally. For better or worse, surroundings change. Places I like to hang out are no longer there. People whom I shared joyful moments with are no longer here.
And then, I changed. It's a growing process stipulated by the society. It tells you that you need to make more money to live comfortably, you need to wear brands to look good, you need to own an iPod to enjoy music. I fell prey and my life got more complicated, simple pleasures no longer made me happy and everyone I see seems to be bound with a trail of never-ending problems.
Getting into my first relationship made me uncover a part of me that lay dormant all this while. It's like opening a Pandora's Box, everything is now in complete disarray. My blog so far has been very much about the relationship now and till this moment, I am still unable to practice what I preach, I am still rooted at the crossroad.
My vacation begins in about 16 hours' time. I think that will be the time I start doing something that is 5 months overdue - to piece myself together. I can forsee a misfit piece (either ways) at this stage though. I suppose if this piece doesn't fit in place by the time I'm done with the rest, I will have to relinquish it from my hold. At least, by then I know I will have no regrets.
The rain seemed to got lighter somewhat. Back to my revision.
Monday, 30 April 2007
A Sudden Downpour
Posted @
03:02
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hello
This post was interesting, how long did it take you to write?
cant rmb. probably half an hour...
Post a Comment